The Library supports the DeVry South Florida curriculum with books, technical journals, and nonprint media providing access to information in the fields of business, computer science, electronics, engineering, telecommunications, network security, and healthcare informatics. The library subscribes to online databases and a virtual library of e-books that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for students and faculty. Have a question? Refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQs) for assistance.
|Monday - Thursday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
- Over 30 computers and two laser printers housed in the Library and Academic Success Center (ASC) support library research and class assignments. The Library has available DVD playback units and PCs with DVD drives for individual viewing and listening of educational DVDs and feature films.
- Access to online databases, including EBSCOhost Academic Search Complete, CQ Researcher, Lexis Nexis Academic, Issues and Controversies, Plunkett Research Online, OCLC WorldCat, ProQuest ebrary, and EBSCO eBook Collection.
- Four conference rooms can be reserved in advance from the Academic Success Center (ASC) for small group study. Each conference room is equipped with a PC and LCD HD/TV monitor.
- OCLC Worldshare interlibrary loan of materials from libraries throughout the United States. Materials can be borrowed from any of the DeVry University Libraries as identified through the Voyager Catalog.
- Photocopies (Cost= $.10 each) which fall under Fair Use guidelines as established under Copyright Law. For additional information on copyright compliance guidelines, visit the Library of Congress Copyright web site.
- Career materials on resume preparation, cover letters, job interviewing, professional networking, graduate study, study strategies, and life/work balance are found in the Career Materials collection and online in the DeVry University electronic book collections.
Materials check-out is a service provided to currently registered students, faculty, colleagues and alumni of DeVry University, Keller Graduate School of Management, and Chamberlain College of Nursing. The maximum number of items that can be checked out at any time is five. Reference, textbook, and reserve materials are limited to use within the library facility. Fines are assessed for late materials ($.10 per day for books, $.25 per day for nonprint media). Lost materials are charged at the current replacement price plus a $5.00 processing fee.
Accessing the Online Catalog (Voyager)
To search the online catalog of DeVry Inc. library holdings, click on the following link:
Florida Electronic Library (FEL) Resources
The Florida Division of Library and Information Services administers the Florida Electronic Library (FEL). The collection of resources available on FEL was purchased for the exclusive use by Florida residents. FEL provides reference and research assistance to all citizens of the state of Florida with a Florida public library card. Miramar, FL students who plan on accessing FEL should visit their local public library to register for a library card with the Miami/Dade, Broward or Palm Beach county library systems.
SEFLIN, the Southeast Florida Library Information Network, is a non-profit membership organization of Southeast Florida libraries, dedicated to cooperative library services. DeVry University Library is a member of SEFLIN and participates in the SEFLIN Library Card program, OCLC Worldshare interlibrary loan services, the Community of Learning program, and the SEFLIN web site found at http://www.seflin.org/. Your SEFLIN card allows direct borrowing from SEFLIN library members.
Last Updated: 4/18/2016